Friday 6 January 2012

Day 3 - International Love Workout (completed Jan 5 2012)

My Power Word for this workout was Jeff - I did this in memory of my son who passed away Thankgiving day 2010 at the age of 26. He was a great motivator and a very caring person.

Equipment Used:
  • Dip Station
  • Ugi Fitness Ball
  • Sandbag filled with 35 lbs of sand
  • 15, 10 and 8 lb dumbells
I started off with Lisa-Marie's workout. In retrospect I think perhaps I should have started with Sean's. I was pretty beat after the cardio intensive workout and so maintaining good form in the weight focused workout was a challenge.  But I do love a challenge.

When I got to Sean's workout I used a pyramid down format for the lunge/lateral raise sets and the lunge/shoulder press sets. 15 to 10 to 8 lbs for the final set.  I started off doing the Fireman's Lift with my sandbag filled with 35 lbs of sand.  However, for the second set I used my 10 lb Ugi.  And then, for the 3rd set I went back to the sandbag.  I think in the first set my grip was off and it was a little more cumbersome than was comfortable. 

Here are the results

  1. Superman Push-ups - 12
  2. Elevated Push-up’s & L&R knee to elbow touch - 6
  3. Squat & Press  - 12
  4. Ugi Clean & Press + Jump Forward + 3 x Squat Jumps - 8
  5. Reverse Pull-Ups - 15
  6. Side Jump Burpee + 2 knee to elbow Oblique Abs + Tuck Jump - 6
  7. Forward Lunge + Side Lunge + Knee Lift - 8
  8. Ugi Push-up & Burpee + Sumo L&R Knee Touch - 6
  9. Tricep Dip + Kickout V Abs - 8
  10. Overhead Abs - 9
  11. Sandbag Shoulder Lift + Squat + Switch Shoulder Press - 10
  12. Speed Run - 186
My time for Sean's lovely workout was 23:41

I am going to be doing Day 4 today of course and I will post it a when I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment